A minor update of the 3.16 release was made available today, with fixes for the image gallery and more. If your phone has not updated it yet, get the updates on Google Play or F-Droid!
- Fix media tab not showing images/videos
- Connectivity checks fixed
- Fix for crashing while retrieving avatar
- ➕ More fixes and improvements
Find out more details in the full changelog of 3.16.1.
Technical details and compatibility:
- Latest version: Nextcloud 3.16.1 for Android
- Android version: 5.0 or newer
- Nextcloud server version: 16 or newer
- Devices: all Android devices
- Enterprise support: contact our sales team here
- Community support: get help here
- Contribute: report issues here
Of course many fixes, refinements and features are being made regularly and older versions of Nextcloud are not supported. If you run an outdated, unsupported Nextcloud, the Android app will warn you of the risks. Nextcloud 17 is the oldest release that will work with this version of our app and you will get a warning if you are still running Nextcloud 17 or older.
Note that Nextcloud offers long term support for companies, as sometimes they have to use older versions. Contact our sales team for more information on this.
Note that this version of the Nextcloud Android client (version 3.16.1) is supported on Android 5.0 and newer. We strongly recommend private users to upgrade their Nextcloud servers.
Did you miss our previous release announcement?
Nextcloud 3.15 for Android brought some really cool features to the users:
- New media view, containing photos and videos
- UI improvements for watching videos
- ➕ Endless fixes and small improvements
Find out more details and the full announcement of 3.15 here.
Thank you 🙇 to our amazing community!
A big thanks goes to all the awesome members of our community that regularly help us make Nextcloud better, by translating Nextcloud to other languages or reporting and fixing issues!
Would you like to contribute to our Android app too? Check out all you need to know here.
If you’d like to get more involved in testing, here’s the easiest way to help us!
We appreciate your feedback! If you’d like to share your comments with us, continue the discussion in our forums. What’s the best thing about the Nextcloud Android client so far?