iOS client 3.4.0 is here!
The Nextcloud iOS app has been updated again with many nice improvements for the users since our last announcement. Take a deeper look!
- The context menu brings more options
- Print images and pdf files directly from your Nextcloud
- ALIAS for your accounts/instances
- User account management improvements
- “Request account at startup” feature
- The “Rename” function comes with an improved view
- ➕ More fixes and improvements
The context menu brings more options
The new context menu now offers users to quick choose between more and more options. Long press on a picture and instantly pops a menu to manage the file. Copy or move an image to another folder, open the image in its location see the full detail list, open it with another app, download it to your device or delete it completely. Now you can also quick print a file from the context menu!
Print files directly from your Nextcloud
Now it is possible to print images and pdf files directly from your Nextcloud:
- open the context menu of a file (long press)
- click “print” on the menu
- choose the printer, range of pages; number of copies and print!
User account management improvements
Now, by clicking you Avatar of the current user on top of the page, you will be directed to a center to manage your user accounts.
“Request account at startup” option
If you switch between accounts often, you can choose the starter account you want when you open your Nextcloud app. Enable this feature if you’re logged in to multiple accounts and find this useful or disable it if not.
ALIAS for your different accounts
If you have multiple Nextcloud accounts signed up on your mobile app, you can assign an allias to each of them to be better distinguished from one another, like Home for your personal account, School, Work for your work account etc.
The “Rename” function comes with an improved view
The image below shows the new view for renaming files and directories.
Technical details and compatibility:
- Technical details and compatibility:
- Latest version: Nextcloud 3.4.0 for iOS
- iOS version: 11.0 or newer
- Nextcloud server version: 14 or newer
- Devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Community support: get help
- Enterprise support: contact our sales team here
- Contribute: report issues here
Of course many fixes, refinements and features are being made regularly and older versions of Nextcloud are not supported. Nextcloud 14 (server) is the oldest release that will work with this version of our app. This version of the Nextcloud iOS client (version 3.4.0) is supported on iOS 11.0 and newer.
We strongly recommend private users to upgrade their Nextcloud servers!
Note that Nextcloud offers long term support for companies, as sometimes they have to use older versions. Contact our sales team for more information on this.
Are you 🆕 to Nextcloud?
Here’s a quick must know for you!
- Nextcloud is an awesome cloud platform for SECURE file syncing, sharing, collaboration, document editing, communication, and agenda organization. But it is not limited to just that. There’s a whole ecosystem of Nextcloud apps that help you do with it everything you need your cloud platform to do, just in one click!
- Nextcloud is self-hosted – you can install it on your own server and use it for private or business purposes. If you need the best business platform for secure filesharing, collaboration and communication check out here.
- Nextcloud is server software that also has available mobile apps. This is our release announcement for Nextcloud 3.4.0 for iOS. There’s a Nextcloud mobile app for Android as well 😉 You can use any of them, and access your data anywhere, whenever, if you have a Nextcloud installation running on your server – which is very simple to set up!
- Find more info on our website and more help on our forums!
Did you miss our previous release announcement?
Nextcloud 3.2 for iOS brought some really cool features to the users:
- Updated image viewer, swipe up for more 😉
- Updated movie viewer 📺, activate the PiP mode
- View avatar and user status 🟢🌜⛔
- Full resolution image view
- No more split-mode, full-screen displaying 📱
- 🆕 Context menu
- Updated document scanning tool
Find out more details and the full announcement of 3.2 here.
We appreciate your feedback! If you’d like to share your comments with us, continue the discussion in our forums. What’s the best thing about the Nextcloud iOS client so far?