File access and sharing
Share on your terms
Nextcloud features an easy to use and powerful web interface. You can access all your files wherever you are and however you like.
Share with other users on your server, send password protected public links, let others upload files to you and get notifications on your phone when a user on another Nextcloud server shares files directly with you.
Nextcloud makes sharing and collaboration easy!
- Tag and comment on files, and see tags and comments by others
- See what is happening on your Nextcloud in the Activity feed
- Previous versions of files you modified are retained and can be brought back. Deleted files can be found in the trash.
- Share photo galleries
- Share public links read-only or with editing capabilities
- Anonymous upload hides existing files, providing just an upload target
- Optionally put a password or expiration date on public link shares
- Share directly to users on other Nextcloud, ownCloud or Pydio servers ("federation")
- Admins can control all these abilities, add trusted Federation servers and more
You can comment on files and discuss options. Through our Collabora Online integration you can work together on presentations or word documents and our video Conferencing features allow you to call and discuss in real time!
You can find files by giving them tags and searching for them. Admins can even use our Workflow tools to automatically tag files uploaded by specific users, groups or by filetype.
Share across Nextclouds!
Sharing files across Nextcloud servers is as easy as sending an email from a Gmail address to a Yahoo account! Instead of an email address, you use a Federated Cloud ID.
An example Federated Cloud ID is email@example.com/nextcloud
To share a file, enter the Federated Cloud ID in the 'share' dialog. A notification will pop up on the Nextcloud server of the recipient.
You can find your own Federated Cloud ID in your user settings. Give it to your friends so they can share files with you!