Setting up a Nextcloud All-in-One or AIO is a simple, effective way to achieve a full-blown Nextcloud installation with many features working out-of-the-box. It provides you easy deployment and maintenance of these features while allowing you to keep your data under your control.
In this blog, you will find the instructions for setting up an All-in-One on Windows 10 and 11. It is compatible with a PC with a x64 CPU with at least 8GB of RAM and 4 cores.
Before you start 🚨
First, you will need to get a public domain and be able to open ports for the guide to work. Also, make sure that you are not behind CGNAT as it will not work with that.
Please also keep in mind that the following instructions are meant for installations without a web server or reverse proxy (like Apache, Nginx and else) already being in place. If you want to run AIO behind a web server or reverse proxy (like Apache, Nginx and else), see the reverse proxy documentation.
Make sure to adjust /run/desktop/mnt/host/c/ncdata to your needings. This path is equivalent to C:\ncdata on your Windows host so you need to translate the path accordingly. Hint: the path that you enter needs to start with /run/desktop/mnt/host/. Append to that the exact location on your windows host, e.g. c/ncdata which is equivalent to C:\ncdata.
3. Then you can open the AIO interface at https://localhost:8080. You need to accept the Self-Signed certificate, afterwards you should see this:
4. Click on Open Nextcloud AIO login and paste in your password:
5. Now you should finally see the AIO dashboard:
6. Next, type in your public domain that you set up before starting this guide. The interface should help you figure out the exact steps. (Set up DDNS for your domain to point to your public IP, port-forward at least ports 443/tcp and 3478/udp and 3478/tcp to your Windows machine.)
7. After you’ve set it up correctly, it should allow you to pass to the next step where you can configure wanted optional addons and the timezone and click on Start containers in order to download and start them.
8. Now you should see a spinner that will take a while (depending on your internet speed around 10min or more):
9. When all containers are downloaded and started, you will see this screen which shows the containers still starting which will do the first install for you:
10. When everything is done, you should see this screen:
11. You can now open your new Nextcloud instance and log in with the given admin credentials.
12. You should also open the Backup and restore section type in a path like e.g. /run/desktop/mnt/host/c/backup and submit it. This path is equivalent to C:\backup on your Windows host so you need to translate the path accordingly. Hint: the path that you enter needs to start with /run/desktop/mnt/host/. Append to that the exact location on your windows host, e.g. c/backup which is equivalent to C:\backup.
That’s it! Now everything is set up and ready for production. ✨
Keep your data yours, through your new AIO!
For more information about Nextcloud AIO, check out the Github page.
This AIO manual and guide was created by team member Simon.
Nextcloud users know the importance of integrating different systems and tools to create a seamless workflow. Nextcloud Enterprise allows you to integrate with Microsoft environments for file storage, user directory, Outlook, Sharepoint, Windows Desktop, MS Office online server, and Teams. And now, we are excited to announce a new addition to our lineup: the Nextcloud […]
6 years ago, Nextcloud was just a file-sync-and-share solution similar to Dropbox. Today, we are a Content Collaboration Platform giving you a complete online productivity platform with integrated features from Talk, Office, Groupware and hundreds of apps. Every day, you choose us to be your Content Collaboration Platform, and every year we provide you with […]
Now that Hub 4 has been released, it’s time to introduce the Nextcloud Ethical AI Rating. Progressively, there are more and more risks associated with computer intelligence, and as a transparent software company we have the responsibility to intervene and protect our users. Recently, Microsoft laid off its entire ethics and society team, the team […]