Last month, we announced that Chat has come to all platforms supported by Nextcloud Talk. Today, the Android app makes another step forward with a strong focus on improving the user experience. Key changes are configurable ringtones, emoji support and improved proximity sensor handling.
The main changes are:
- Ability to select call(s) and message(s) ringtone
- The app will now stop ringing if call was picked up on another device
- Emoji support. You can use 3rd-party keyboards to select emoji’s.
- Completely overhauled incoming call UI and UX
- Support full, immersive UI on tall phones
- Updated Chat UI
- More feedback on outgoing call
- Better proximity sensor handling in voice-only calls
In addition to that are many smaller improvements, tweaks and bug fixes.