Press Breakfast Invitation from Fairphone, Little Sun, iFixit, Ecosia and Nextcloud
Press event at IFA 2016: Using everyday technology to make a positive impact
Stuttgart, Germany, August 12, 2016 Nextcloud joins forces with other socially-minded enterprises to put sustainability and ethical business practices higher on the agenda of electronics industry.
The upcoming IFA trade show from 2 to 7 September in Berlin provides an excellent opportunity to discuss how technology that has become a part of our everyday life affects people and the planet and how it can be used to make a positive impact.
Consumers’ powerful role in influencing industry practices will be a key point of discussion during a special breakfast session on Monday, 5 September. You are warmly invited to start your day with Fairphone and four other socially-focused businesses that are using mainstream consumer technology to create a positive impact, including:
- Fairphone (Miquel Ballester, Co-founder): Creators of the modular, repairable Fairphone 2 – a phone that’s designed to last longer while making positive improvements throughout the supply chain.
- Little Sun (Felix Hallwachs, Managing Director): Designers of delightful solar-powered products who are using sustainable energy to transform lives – especially those without access to electricity.
- iFixit (Matthias Huisken, Director of iFixit Europe): A wiki-based website that teaches people how to fix almost anything and empowers individuals to share their technical knowledge with the rest of the world.
- Ecosia (Fátima Gonzales-Torres, Head of Community): An innovative search engine that’s making the world a better place by using ad revenue to plant trees (around 5 million to date).
- Nextcloud (Frank Karlitschek, Founder): A secure, open source cloud platform that gives businesses and individuals more control over their data.
What: Press breakfast with Nextcloud
When: Monday, 5 September, start at 9:00, registration from 8:45
Where: Cooks Connection Berlin, Sophie-Charlotten-Str. 50, 14059 Berlin. The location is a walking distance from the main IFA location at Messe Berlin and can be easily reached by public
transport: metro U-Bhf Sophie-Charlotten-Platz (U2) (one stop away from Kaiserdamm station) or Bus 139 to Knobelsdorffstraße.
In addition to the panel discussion, there will also be time for Q&A, product demos and interviews.
About Nextcloud Nextcloud offers a unique-in-the-industry fully open source solution for on-premise data handling and communication with a uncompromising focus on security and privacy. Nextcloud brings together universal access to data with next-generation secure communication and collaboration capabilities under direct control of IT and integrated with existing compliant infrastructure. Nextcloud's open, modular architecture, emphasis on security and advanced federation capabilities enable modern enterprises to leverage their existing assets within and across the borders of their organization. For more information, visit https://nextcloud.com or follow @Nextclouders on Twitter.
Nextcloud GmbH http://nextcloud.com
D-70173 Stuttgart, Germany